IN THE BEGINNING
1. In the beginning GOD created the Bit and the Byte. And from those he created the
2. And there were two Bytes in the Word; and nothing else existed. And God separated
the One from the Zero; and he saw it was good.
3. And God said - Let the Data be; And so it happened. And God said - Let the Data
go to their proper places. And he created floppy disks and hard disks and compact disks.
4. And God said - Let the computers be, so there would be a place to put floppy
disks and hard disks and compact disks. Thus God created computers and called them
5. And there was no Software yet. But God created programs; small and big... And
told them - Go and multiply yourselves and fill all the Memory.
6. And God said - I will create the Programmer; And the Programmer will make new
programs and govern over the computers and programs and Data.
7. And God created the Programmer; and put him at Data Center; And God showed the
Programmer the Catalog Tree and said You can use all the volumes and subvolumes but DO
NOT USE Windows.
8. And God said - It is not Good for the programmer to be alone. He took a bone from
the Programmer's body and created a creature that would look up at the Programmer; and
admire the Programmer; and love the things the Programmer does; And God called the
creature: the User.
9. And the Programmer and the User were left under the naked DOS and it was Good.
10. But Bill was smarter than all the other creatures of God. And Bill said to the
User - Did God really tell you not to run any programs?
11. And the User answered - God told us that we can use every program and every piece
of Data but told us not to run Windows or we will die.
12. And Bill said to the User - How can you talk about something you did not even
try. The moment you run Windows you will become equal to God. You will be able to create
anything you like by a simple click of your mouse.
13. And the User saw that the fruits of the Windows were nicer and easier to use. And
the User saw that any knowledge was useless-since Windows could replace it.
14. So the User installed the Windows on her computer; and said to the Programmer
that it was good.
15. And the Programmer immediately started to look for new drivers. And God asked him
- What are you looking for? And the Programmer answered - I am looking for new drivers
because I can not find them in the DOS. And God said - Who told you need drivers? Did
you run Windows? And the Programmer said - It was Bill who told us to !
16. And God said to Bill - Because of what you did you will be hated by all the
creatures. And the User will always be unhappy with you. And you will always sell
17. And God said to the User - Because of what you did, the Windows will disappoint
you and eat up all your Resources; and you will have to use lousy programs; and you will
always rely on the Programmers help.
18. And God said to the Programmer - Because you listened to the User you will never
be happy. All your programs will have errors and you will have to fix them and fix them
to the end of time.
19. And God threw them out of the Data Center and locked the door and secured it with
20. GENERAL PROTECTION FAULT