BEWARE OF BREAD!
(From the Partnership for a Bread-Free America)
1. More than 98 percent of convicted felons are bread users.
2. Fully HALF of all children who grow up in bread-consuming households
score below average on standardized tests.
3. Bread is made from a substance called "dough." It has been proven that
as little as one pound of dough can be used to suffocate a mouse. The
average American eats more bread than that in one month!
4. Newborn babies can choke on bread.
5. Bread has been proven to be addictive. Subjects deprived of bread and
given only water begged for bread after as little as two days.
6. Bread is often a "gateway" food item, leading the user to "harder"
items such as butter, jelly, peanut butter, and even cold cuts.
7. In the 18th century, when virtually all bread was baked in the home,
the average life expectancy was less than 50 years; infant mortality rates
were unacceptably high; many women died in childbirth; and diseases such as
typhoid, yellow fever, and influenza ravaged whole nations.
8. More than 90 percent of violent crimes are committed within 24 hours
of eating bread.
9. Bread is baked at temperatures as high as 400 degrees Fahrenheit! That
kind of heat can kill an adult in less than one minute.
10. Many bread eaters are utterly unable to distinguish between
significant scientific fact and meaningless statistical babbling.